Whether you are a landlord or a tenant, our team are able to assist you with all aspects of landlord and tenant law. We have an experienced team of solicitors with a wealth of knowledge in this area, and who have appeared before Judges in the County Court and High Court, as well as various Tribunals.
We understand that a landlord’s property is an important asset, and that protecting it is crucial. We also understand that both speed and cost are important and we will advise you likely timescales and costs at an early stage and remain mindful of costs throughout.
We are comfortable providing advice on all aspects of both commercial and residential leases, including:
- Assured Shorthold Tenancies, including all types of possession claims.
- Breach of covenant and forfeiture of both commercial and residential leases.
- Dilapidations and disrepair claims.
- Recovery of rent arrears.
- Renewing commercial leases and dealing with issues arising out of the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954.
- Dealing with the extension of residential leases, either privately or pursuant to the Leasehold Reform, Housing and Urban Development Act 1993.
- Service charge issues, including recovering service charge arrears and consulting in respect of major works.
Whether you own a leasehold property or are renting from a landlord, we are able to assist you in enforcing your rights.
We can assist you on a range of issues, including:
- Defending possession claims.
- Advising on Assured Shorthold Tenancies.
- Claims for damages relating to a failure to protect your tenancy deposit.
- Unlawful eviction and interference with goods claims.
- Disrepair and other breaches of tenancy agreements by your landlord.
- Extending your lease pursuant to the Leasehold Reform, Housing and Urban Development Act 1993.
- Advising on service charge disputes.
- Right to Manage under the Commonhold and Leasehold Reform Act 2002.
- Appointment of a Manager under the Landlord and Tenant Act 1987.
- Purchasing your freehold.