Fixed fee divorce
Divorce is the legal process of ending a marriage. We try and take the stress out of divorce by helping you through the legal process for a fixed fee. We also offer help in sorting out the division of family assets and finances, and sorting out custody and contact arrangements for any children.
As a reputable and well-known firm of solicitors authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority you can expect a high level of professionalism combined with a very competitive price.
Our fixed fee for an undefended divorce is £600 plus VAT and disbursements.
What is included?
- Preparation of Divorce Petition and Statement of Arrangements for
Children (if applicable);
- Filing Divorce papers at Court;
- Consideration of Acknowledgement of Service;
- Preparation of Request for Directions for Trial;
- Preparation of Special Procedure Affidavit;
- Obtaining Decree Nisi;
- Preparation and filing of Application for Decree Absolute of Divorce;
- Obtaining Decree Absolute.
What is not included?
- Disbursements (expenses) such as the Court fees.
- The cost of obtaining a replacement marriage certificate. This is usually in the region of £8.00 and can be obtained from the Registry of Births Deaths and Marriages. We charge a fee of £20.00 plus VAT in addition to the Registry fee if you would like us to obtain it for you.
- Translation of a foreign marriage certificate. We work closely with a range of translation agencies who will be able to assist in having your marriage certificate translated and an Affidavit prepared for the Court. We can arrange this for you and will advise you of their costs. We charge a fee of £30.00 plus VAT for this service in addition to their fees.
- Tracing your spouse. If you do not know the whereabouts of your spouse we have a worldwide network of enquiry agents whom we can contact on your behalf. We will obtain an estimate for you as appropriate.
- Application for Personal Service – If your spouse receives the papers but refuses to file an Acknowledgement of Service, personal service of the papers is required and we can instruct a process server on your behalf.
Pay as you Go
If you prefer to pay as you go we would require a minimum retainer of £300.00 plus VAT, and the Court fee, and would charge you at a fixed hourly rate. With this option you would be able to plan in advance the likely fees at each stage and also have the flexibility of meeting any unforeseen issues that may arise relating to your divorce.
This article is for information purposes only and is not legal advice. It should not be acted or relied upon and legal advice should be sought before applying any of the information in this article to any facts or circumstances.
For more information, or to discuss any issues arising from this article, please do not hesitate to contact us on +44 (0)20 8909 0400 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.